When you bought your ATV or UTV you were probably thinking of the fun you’d have or the work you’d get done. You likely weren’t thinking about insuring it. Although some states require insurance for an all-terrain vehicle or utility vehicle, not all do. Even if your intent is just to drive it on your own property, here are a few reasons why you may want to talk to your agent about insurance. Here’s why:
- There’s always the potential for liability. Maybe a passenger gets injured, or someone’s property gets damaged.
- Collisions happen. It may not be another vehicle, it could be a tree stump or a fence that mangles your machine. Insurance can cover your otherwise out-of-pocket repair cost.
- Other things can happen, too, like a fire.
It’s possible to add an endorsement to your homeowners policy to cover liability exposure, but that may only provide limited liability coverage and you may not be able to extend your auto policy’s coverage to the vehicle when you are driving an ATV, UTV, or Side by Side.
Instead, our robust policy gives you all of the coverage options that we offer to a motorcycle. It’s a lot, including an option for replacement cost.
What we cover
- Side by Side
Note that we do not accept 3-wheel ATV models.
You may be eligible for multiple discounts
- Being a homeowner
- Not having driving violations
- Insuring multiple units with us
- Paying in full
- Not having a claim in the past year
- Completing a safety course
- Transferring your policy to us
- Opting for electronic policy documents
Choose your coverage, settlement, and options
- Liability plus collision and comprehensive (a.k.a. full coverage)
- Liability plus comprehensive
- Liability only
- ACV or replacement cost settlement
Upgrade your policy:
- Increase coverage up to $30,000 for accessories or equipment not provided by the manufacturer.
- Bump up personal effects and safety apparel coverage to $2,500.
- Add coverage for your transport trailer.
Want more information or a quote?
Your agent can answer your questions and get you a quote. Looking for an agent? Use this search tool to find one near you, or call us at 866-884-6167.